7.15.2013

snippets

In contrast to my slightly lazy and impressively emotional week last week, Saturday was literally the most active and busy day of my life. (Okay maybe not really, but.....)
We went on a bike ride up Provo canyon in the morning, because Christian officially and finally has a road bike (!!!!), and then we hiked Stewart Falls later in the afternoon. 


(I don't know why we feel it's necessary to document our athletic endeavors. Maybe it was the endorphins.... or the fact that I was stoked from listening to Backstreet Boys and zumba music for the whole bike ride.... I mean what??)

Then we ate our weight in chicken and waffles with our D.C. married friends 
- gotta do something to offset all that physical activity
and then we biked some more... however our destination was a shave ice place, so that second round of biking doesn't really count because hello. Shave Ice. With ice cream. AND a snow cap. 
Boom boom boom. 

Anyways, when the day was over I realized something.
When my emotional state is kaput, and I'm super tired of life and such, that LAST thing I usually want to do is pack my weekend full of socializing and physical stuff. When I start to feel like that, a Nike sweatshirt I saw once pops into my head and encourages me to change those feelings.
("Don't suck, just do it!" Words of wisdom if ever there were any) 
And after this weekend, I realized that I am VERY grateful for good things in life. Good food, good company, and good hard physical exertion all make for a much happier Brooke, and sometimes what I DON'T want to do is exactly what I need. 
Funny how things like that work out.

2 comments:

Lana said...

That sweatshirt phrase reminded me of Matt's life motto: Life is supposed to suck, but it's not supposed to make you suck.

I really want to hang it on my wall in a super pinteresty typography print but Matt's not so eager to have "suck" written all over our walls.

Also, why did we never hang out more? I heard Kenny Loggins on the radio the other day and I thought, "Brooke loves Kenny Loggins. And, why do I know this?!"

Heather & Justin said...

I know exactly how your feel. but sometimes when you feel like that, at least for m, e, I find that a little bit of socializing is actually pretty healthy. Hope your feeling better! i want a road bike so bad!

Related posts

.