7.11.2013

things about life

- There is a guy at my work who sounds like he's been sucking on ice for about 4,000 hours. 
You know when you chew ice too long and your mouth gets numb and your tongue doesn't move right and when you talk you sound like what an elephant would if they could talk? 
Yeah that's him. 
Also, I've never seen him (he's allusive and hides behind the call center cubicles all day)
So I don't feel bad acknowledging his strange way of talking.

- Anyone else still do this?
I'm literally a diaper baby, obviously. 

- I don't know what it is about summer time, but I always feel the need to stoke my love of 80's rock. 
My current favorite songs are Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC and Photograph and Love Bites by Def Leppard. I just really love synth and harmonizing and bad hair and neon with my whole soul. 

- Speaking of music.....
The new Backstreet Boys album comes out in a few weeks and maaaaayyyybbbbeeeee I'm going to buy it at midnight at Walmart. Some things never change I guess. 
(Also, I'MSOEXCITEDABOUTHATALBUMICOULDDIE)

- Have you been watching the Bachelorette? Christian and I are totally rooting for Zack to be the next Bachelor (let's be real, he's not going to make it to the final 2), because he's so weird and funny and happy and adorable. Also his surprised face is literally the most hilarious thing ever. 
What a lil' goober shmoober.

- I must interject this... sorry to be a total Debbie Downer in the last post. I'm just going to be real and admit that the coming months might be tough ones, so if there's more of that to come well.... apologies in advance ;)

- Christian is getting a road bike in the next few weeks! Finally we can fulfill our dreams of biking all over town together. Don't be surprised if you see him in the Tour one day.... seriously though, the guys got thighs of steel. And you didn't hear that from me ;)

- Want to hear something crazy that I did last week? 
Okay I'll tell you. 
We were stuck in absurd traffic on the fourth of July (naturally) and this guy was being the literal worst driver in the world and practically wrecking us while we were waiting to turn into our lane. After an exhausting day of festivities, I was at my wits end, so I made Christian roll down his window while I proceeded to lean over to the drivers side and politely get in this guys face about how he needed to take a Valium and chill the heck out. (I still can't believe I got so confrontational. What's happening to me?!)
Anyways, he totally backed off. And I felt a teensy bit bad but mostly I was just proud that I stopped some of the rudeness that is ever present in the streets of Provo.
(And let's just choose NOT to acknowledge the fact that I was maybe a bit rude as well. 
You can't have your cake and eat it too, amiright?!)

- Finally, like I mentioned, things have been kind of rough the last few weeks (sorry if I seem like totz the biggest grouch all the time) and Christian has been the BEST through it all. Every time I start losing my mind over something silly, like my latest breakout or the fact that I don't want to make homemade enchilada sauce with dinner, he steps in and gives me a hug and helps me calm down and tells me nice things and watches the stupid tv shows with me and basically just makes me feel like the luckiest girl ever. 
If I could wish something for everyone in the world, it would be that they could - at some point in their lives -feel the kind of the love that I feel from my dear husband. It's such a blessing. Heavens knows I'm SO undeserving, but I'm thankful he's in my life because he helps me be a better Brooke, every single day. 

4 comments:

Stacy said...

1. The way you talked to that obnoxious driver? So proud of you for that (I feel like a mom with the way I just used the word "proud"). Way to tell him. But seriously, people sometimes.
2. In regards to your comment on my last post, YES. He works in the Hinckley, in High School Relations. Love that you recognized him. Although he's tall, has very curly hair, and is ethnic, so who are we kidding? He stands out in a crowd of generally boring white people haha. Was that mean?
3. Just read the list of blogs that you read and a) SO SUPER STOKED to see that I'm on there and b) we read all the same blogs. So that's good.

Chantel said...

Okay, I haven't read this full post yet but I NEED to talk about ZACK! I LOVE him! I love him as much as a human can love another human through a screen. I am about .2 seconds away from stalking him in real life and making him be my boyfriend. Want to help me? I'm crushin hard over here!!

Chantel said...

Only you could make me laugh and tear up in the same post. Brooke, I seriously love you so much. You are such a riot. The way you say things and tell stories is so funny. But then you end with that line about your husband and my eyes teared up. That's so sweet. And I just love knowing that that sort of pure love EXISTS! I love you Brooke. Seriously, I am just so grateful to know you.

Jenny said...

Brooke, I love your posts! I want to talk like that to some drivers around here too sometimes. Hugs for your hard moments. You are a wonderful lady!

Related posts

.