7.25.2013

weird holidays and stuff

I feel like the last few days off we've had were just monopolized by the plans of others, which sort of makes me grouchy. My sentiments are that we've been working our butts off and the last thing I want to do is plan my work-less day around YOUR schedule (whoever "you" are ha!) and not my own. 
You feel me?

Anyways, true to form, that's kind of how yesterday went. I'm very thankful for the blessing of all the work we have, our families that live close by, and the babysitting we get to do. But it was all a little much yesterday and maybe I cried a little bit because by 5pm, the only thing we had done was eaten Panda Express
(sidenote: BARF-LANDIA.
Also they didn't give me enough orange chicken, so I went up and asked for more. 
I don't know who this new ballsy Brooke is, but I like her!)

There was however I beautiful cherry on top of our day yesterday. 
My sister in law went into the MTC! For the next 3 months, she will be preparing to serve a mission in Tahiti! 
I know right?!

So I just realized I actually cried twice yesterday. Now I'm keeping a tally I guess.
 Anyways, saying goodbye to missionaries is so emotional!
I seriously hope my brother ends up really going to the Brazil MTC because dropping him off will be the literal worst. I JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH THAT
This is also reminding me that I've been neglecting that little are of my life. So here you go.
Baby brother Mckay graduated high school and got his mission call to Curitiba Brazil! He's not really a baby any more I guess!

He also just got a job as a life guard at Deerfield beach, so basically he's a stud. 
And I adore him. 

Since I'm on a roll talking about people I love, I just have to share this little tid-bit from Christian's life lately. 
He has been in communication with a guy who worked for years in the investment banking and financial field, something Christian could very well be pursuing in the next several years. In a recent conversation they had, he coined Christian as a "horse he would bet on".
Dude I'm with you. 
I'd DEFINITELY bet on that ;)

No but really, I'm so proud of Christian and the strides he's making, and I completely agree with this guy-  Christian is going to go places. He's willing to work so hard and push himself to unimaginable limits; limits that include working 2 jobs and writing for the pre-law review this fall, just to name a few. 
(I know. I'm tired just thinking about that!)
In case I don't make it apparent enough, I adore this guy and I'm sure glad I was lucky enough to hitch my wagon to his!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I literally did not even realize that was Mckay in that picture! He looks so old!

Related posts

.