9.27.2013

a happy list for a happy friday

The last week and a half has been a taxing one.
Thankfully though, there are always things to be happy about and grateful for! 

Like:
- The campout Christian and I had in our living room last night. 
Sometimes you just need to shake things up a bit and sleep on a mattress in the living room. 
Also...... YOLO.

- Also from last night.... The homework we DIDN'T do and the Ellen videos we watched instead. Followed by 2 episodes of Call the Midwife.
(Shameless plug: If you haven't seen that show yet, you need to like... yesterday
It sounds so cheesy and dumb, but it's one of the best I've ever seen. The character development is beyond amazing, and the story is surprisingly gripping. 
Even Christian likes it. 
So there you go.)

- Grapefruit, grapefruit, grapefruit!
Also can we talk about how perfect the color of grapefruit is? 
Favorite. On every level.

- My current tradition of watching a Man vs. Wild episode every day with the munchkins we babysit. 
It's been weeks, and I'm still not sick of it. 
Also you'd think we'd be used to watching Bear Grylls eat bugs and snakes and crap.... 
But no. 
We still freak out every single time. 

- This conversation I had with my mom today:
Mom: "So I changed your ringtone from the BYU fight song to the Harry Potter theme."
Me: "That's the best!"
Mom: "I know! It makes me so happy every time you call because first, it's you calling. 
And second, Harry Potter!"
Just when I thought I couldn't love my mom any more. 

- This guy. 
He and his humor are the biggest blessings in my life. 
We could be held at gunpoint, while swimming in shark infested waters, and he would still be able to make me laugh and feel better. 
He's just the best.

- Gawking at the Halloween section in Target. 
Maaayyybe we've been checking every single week for the last month because we (re: I) have been so excited. Seriously we were freaking out over everything for like 30 straight minutes. Also started planning a Halloween Party, so that's good.
We love this season a little much over here!

So there you go.
Happy weekend all.

4 comments:

Kimber said...

call the midwife is the best! i watched it while nursing maxson as a newborn and it was THE BOMB. coicidentally enough my mom's ringtone for me HP too!!!! haha, feel better woman :)

Nicole said...

Stewart is currently obsessed with Man vs. Wild and he references what Bear would do in basically every situation we are ever in. Also, have you seen the one where he makes a wetsuit out of a dead seal? So gross.

Props to Mama Audrey for the Harry Potter ringtone!
And didn't she tell me once that JK Rowling died?!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Okay I have been deciding if I should watch that on netflix or not and now I am convinced I need to start! P.S. Do you still ever go to 24 hour classes? I need to get my butt in gear!! haha

alexa said...

I LOVE Call the Midwife! Pretty sure I watched both seasons in 2 days so...that's my life right now. But it's SOOOOOOO good!! More people need to watch it.

Related posts

.