10.24.2013

a tribute to my best girl

Happy Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
I want to talk about this woman right here. 
This is my beautiful mom.
She's hilarious and smart and kind and hard working and crazy and fun and one of the best people I know. 
She's also a two time breast cancer survivor.

Her and her friends on the three-day walk a few years ago.

She was diagnosed my junior year of high school, not even a year before her 40th birthday. 
She underwent an intensive round of chemotherapy followed by radiation. Immediately after she finished radiation, doctors found a second lump. 
We moved across the country, and at the same time she started another round of treatment. 
It's been almost exactly 6 years and she's still cancer free!
October is breast cancer awareness month
(As I'm sure you know. 
PINK ON ALL THE THINGS!!!!)
And I wanted to give shout out to my awesome miracle mom. 

Not only has she been through the ringer with this bout of cancer, and so many other things in her life, but she has done it like a champion! She's always been able to take care of others despite her difficulties, and she always comes out swinging and ready for the next obstacle, no matter how worn out she may be. 

Rocking the survivor stage!!

If ever there was an individual who personified resilience, it's her.
You are amazing mamma!
 I'm so happy you are still here with us!
You kicked cancer's trash, and I am so so proud to be your daughter!

2 comments:

Kimber said...

go audrey! i was always stunned when i heard this story and have had the utmost respect and admiration for her. incredibly brave and awesome to be a TWO time cancer survivor. so glad you posted about this!

Jennie and Husband said...

this is so sweet. your mamma is one pretty lady.

Related posts

.