10.18.2013

missionaries, scary children and another week at the Carter house

This week has been the strangest. 
Not because of anything in particular, but you know when your schedule gets changed JUST enough to make things feel different? Yeah, that. 

Anyways, last Saturday we went and saw the dance performance Thriller, which was good but also a little too macabre for my taste. Children were dancing around with knives while dressed as Chucky at one point, so yeah. Maybe that's why I wasn't the hugest fan. 
BUT. I won the tickets (my very first giveaway entry and I won those dang tickets. Baller), so I couldn't be too mad because, well, free stuff. 

We also carved pumpkins on Monday and they are already about 50% moldy, so I feel like another round of pumpkin carving is necessary. Also we had Halloween donuts from Krispy Kreme, so that was definitely a winning night. We've also been watching the Twilight Zone every day, so I guess we are in full-on creepy Halloween mode over here.

Then Mckay came into town on Tuesday because HE WENT INTO THE MTC THIS WEEK.
(I'm still dying over this. To me, he will always be the 5 year old boy who loved pirates and trucks and only wore camo outfits)
He is such a grown up man now, and it's so fun to talk with him and truly see how prepared he is for this mission. I'm so proud to be his sister, and truthfully... I look up to him so much!

He's the cutest, and I'm so happy we got to spend time with him this week! Brazil is so lucky to have him.
(And I have to admit, I'm a little tempted to go hang out by the MTC because I miss him that much already!)
Also let's take a moment and be proud of me because even though I cried when we said goodbye, it was a surprisingly composed cry.... which I was not expecting!

Also, this morning was the craziest. 
First, I only got about 5 hours of sleep, which is bad news bears for this girl. 
(Seriously I was so mad about it when I woke up that I contemplated kicking a hole in the wall. No. I'm not kidding. In case you ever wondered if I'm grouchy when I don't sleep enough, wonder no more!
And protect your walls!!) 
Then, we had to babysit... which means getting 2 little rascals out the door for school at 2 different times, while simultaneously getting ready for the day, and making lunches, and other stuff. Also dropping Christian off on campus somewhere in the middle of it all. 
*PHEW I'm out of breath just typing that.* 
Then, I had to clean up puke for 30 straight minutes. Also, I slipped in it which seriously. The worst.
Also, I have two mammoth midterms due on Monday that are also group projects,which are simultaneously the two worst things ever. I was stressed about all this, so I bought myself Panda Express for lunch because ORANGE CHICKEN. Also, crappy chinese food just makes things better sometimes!

And one more funny note. 
Remember in my last post how I mentioned the littlest midget called Pocahontas "Poke-the-hontas"?
Well things got even funnier the other day when she called it
"HAUNTED-HONTAS".
One thing is for sure. We are never short on laughs over here!

And so if you haven't guessed by now, today I'm feeling a little weird and slightly worn out.
But I'm so so thrilled that it's the weekend! 
They always seem to come at the perfect time, you know?

5 comments:

Chantel said...

Ha! You crack me up every time!! I LOVE the way you write!! Your humor is right up my alley.

Natalie Davis said...

Funny post I'm so jealous you got to see Thriller my little sister was one of those little girls dancing with knives for like four years ha ha

The Wilsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Wilsons said...

I loved reading this. I miss those rascals somedays, but I know exactLy where you are coming from, I remember waking up some mornings even after a good nights rest and wanting to kick a hole in the wall when I remembered that we were babysitting :) but poke the hontas made me laugh pretty good!

Also, we definitely need to get together sometime. We are going over to Joan's house today to make pizza with them, so if you're free tonight, we will be right upstairs! But if you can't bear another minute with the munchkins I totally understand :)

danielle said...

Loving the bangs!

Related posts

.