1.31.2014

stuff. otherwise known as not much going on over here

I have been feeling the need to just write things, all week long. The problem is, when I sit down to actually do it, my brain turns to a puddle of useless mush, and I end up squeezing out a few lines in my journal and that's about it. 

Maybe I should be grateful I don't have a lot NEEDING to get out at the moment. I think it means life has slowed down a little bit, which I'm really super thankful for. Anyways. Here's some things:

- Christian is in a dinosaurs class right now. Literally. A DINOSAURS CLASS. Unfortunately they don't just talk about Land Before Time and Jurassic Park, like we totally imagined they would. His professor is actually a bit of a nut job, and the class is a bit of a bumski. But still. It's a university class all about dinosaurs HA!

- Totally had to go to the hospital this week. It was the weirdest day ever. I woke up in so so much pain, mostly because I was majorly cramping. And if you've never done the pregnant thing before, cramping is bad when you're this far along. So I called my doc, they ran some tests, blah blah blah, turns out I have a nasty bladder infection (tmi sry!) and I HAVE TO GO TO LABOR AND DELIVERY BECAUSE THIS WILL LIKELY CAUSE PRETERM LABOR AHHHH. So I did, and after about 3 hours and being hooked up to machines, they told me I was slightly dilated (which probably wasn't good), and they put me on meds, and sent me on my way. It was so exhausting. But baby and I are fine so yay!

- I did an ACV rinse on my hair last night, and I could totally smell it on me all morning at the gym. I'm sure the people around me were like "why does this girl smell like feet and/or salad dressing?"
Sorry guys. Beauty regimens, you know?

- In the past week, I've had Old McDonald and Frere Jacques (or Are you Sleeping. Also yes I had to google that spelling. I lost the spelling bee in 6th grade for a reason...anyways) stuck in my head.
Either I'm MAJORLY preparing for this little babe, or I'm just a weirdo who gets nursery rhymes stuck in her head. It's probably both.

- So moving last week was really really tough for a lot of reasons, but so far it's proving to be a big blessing. First, we don't have to babysit which means our home environment feels 1000 times more peaceful than it has in over a year. Second, we get our weekends back, which we desperatley need with our work load right now. Funny how things like that tend to work out!

- LOVED this blog post and this blog post from the Beauty Mark Girls this week. If you've ever had questions about acne or hair volume, they're you're go-to gals!

- Last weekend we saw Captain Phillips and YOU GUYS. 
It was so so so good. Tom Hanks was awesome, as usual, and it was a total nail-biter from start to finish. I highly recommend it!
Also, listen to this because it's EXACTLY what happened in real life and it's crazy.

- Also last weekend, I was able to meet up with my new gal pals/bosses Summer Bellessa and Brooke White, who were in town for ALT Summit. They are so darling. We talked babies and GWG business, and I'm definitely sold on working with them. Social media makes me crazy sometimes, but I'm super thankful for the role it played in getting me this internship... which I landed through instagram, if you can believe that!

- Elder Oaks was at my work today and I almost herniated in excitement. I'm a total General Authority fangirl, it's kind of bad. Although I conversed with President Samuelson for the SECOND TIME yesterday and I was so composed! So maybe I'm doing better. Actually, remember this? Yeah I think I've actually come a long way.

- Aaaand since it wouldn't be a regular blog post without a pregnancy update, here you go.
25 weeks. Almost into trimester three!
Baby is moving ALL THE TIME these days. I'm a little nervous that we've got a very active boy on our hands ha. Also I'm getting bigger and bigger every day, and it's so strange! My belly is starting to get in the way of things, it's getting me a LOT of stares 
(This is Provo! Don't tell me you've never seen a pregnant girl before.)
 and it's definitely making my wardrobe situation interesting. I can't wait to keep growing these next 3 1/2 months, because hopefully that will mean baby boy is chunking up! 
Also picking a name? It's the hardest business ever. And I kind of don't like when people other than family ask me about it because A. I don't want to be judged for the names we like because Blanket is really cute! (Kidding) 
B. I can't even tell you what we like because the list is like 30 names long. So... yeah. 
I'm feeling pretty good, other than being super sore and tired every day but that's sort of a given and it doesn't really bother me much. I'm just truly thankful we are both healthy, and that I've got a loving husband to help me and deal with my craziness. Christian has been such a fun companion through this pregnancy, and we really have been super blessed through this so far. Hospital visits aside :)

And there you have it. Our life isn't much at the moment, but it's quiet and happy and weird and fun, and that's sort of the way I like it.

3 comments:

Danica Dawn said...

OK, one, cutest baby bump! You're all belly so that's FAB! Keep it up woman!
Two, Elder Uchtdorf was in our church building a few weeks ago for his first great grand child's baby blessing in the ward after us and I walked RIGHT BY HIM! Totally didn't even see him there cause I have this baby fever thing going on a lot right now so I was concentrating on the presh babes in her white dress and FULL cheeks thinking, "It's not the first Sunday of the month. Why is there a baby blessing?" I could DIE. I'm seriously so upset with myself for not taking President Monson's advice and looking UP! Ugh. Anyways. Love your posts per the norm!

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Pregnancy looks good on you. :) I'm excited for you Brooke. This blog was a great read, like always. And I have to say President Samuelson is totally in my ward. So if you ever want to get some stalking in.. :) I can't wait to hear the name you choose. Don't feel pressure to share with people because for some reason people think they have the right to give you their opinion. Its you and Christian who get to choose.

danielle said...

Cutest bump I've ever seen! And I can't even imagine trying to name a child. It sounds like the hardest thing in the whole world.....

Related posts

.