2.27.2014

a few things

1. I check the work room at my job for free food every day. Apparently we've had free food enough times that it's become second nature for me. Today there was cake (!!!) and I was so happy. 

2. Today, I went to an actual doctor appointment for the first time since November. Every other appointment since then has been for a required ultra sound or a trip to the hospital because "way to go, body!". I sort of have this vendetta against the medical world, so I've been happily avoiding the obgyn. Does anyone else get so annoyed when you go to the doctor and you pay 30 bucks to be told literally everything you read on google before you got there? I HATE THAT SO MUCH. 

3. Last weekend, the oven took a bite out of my hand, resulting in a disgusting and super painful burn. Then it broke open of course, so now it's this gashy, scabby (ACK such a gross word!) mess on the side of my hand. In the last few days, 4 people have been all "Whhhaaaat happened to your hand?!". At first it made me feel good... like people were concerned about my poor baby hand. Now I just feel like they're grossed out, and asking is their attempt at veiling disgust. 
BRB, I'm wearing gloves for the rest of the week. 

4. I had an INTENSE sequence of dreams last night about alligators. If you are curious about alligator butchering, I'm your girl, thanks to the crazy red head lady who taught me all about it in said dream (need a visual? Think Sigourney Weaver in Ghostbusters). Pregnancy dreams are weird, man.

5. Last night Christian gave me the foot rub to end all foot rubs. In my humble opinion, this should be a requirement for all husbands. It's sort of gross, but so sweet and tender at the same time am I right?

6. Baby boy has a new favorite activity called "dance on your mom's bladder for 30 minutes a day, bonus points if you do it in the middle of the night when it's especially full". It is the strangest and most uncomfortable feeling, and it's probably only a matter of time before I pee my pants, courtesy of baby. I guess I should start buying diapers for the both of us. 

The end.

No comments:

Related posts

.