4.01.2014

a dating story

First I just have to say that I SO appreciate everything that was said in regards to my last post.
I have felt so much freedom, happiness, and gratitude over the last week as I've thought about friendships, and all you people that I love so much.
Truth be told, I think I really needed to evaluate a few friendships I was hanging on to, and after letting them go and hearing all your thoughts, I feel so refreshed and thankful that we really can CHOOSE who we let in our lives. And especially that I'm not alone in my thinking :) So thank you!

Alright enough with the heavy stuff. I've got a great story to share today from the bare-bones beginning of my relationship with Christian.

Our first picture together, and my very favorite one of us. 
Totally normal and as weird as it gets about sums it up.

At the very end of our freshman year at BYU, we were slightly enamored by one another. Not enough to make anything official of course, because we were babies, but enough to stay out all night together on our last day in Provo.

Yep.
Just 19 year old me and 19 year old Christian, mobbing around BYU campus.
All. Night. Long.
What would the honor code office say?!?!

It was totally innocent and totally fun, because remember we were babies. Literally all we did was walk every single part of campus and then some, and talk and talk and talk. I remember it was the first time I found myself hoping it would go somewhere after he got home from his mission, like the giddy school girl I was.

Here's the best part of the whole thing;
It was about 4 in the morning and we were making our final descent back to the dorms, when this car drove by as and quickly flipped a U-y (???) to head back our direction. I had the fleeting thought:
"Hmmmm that's pretty weird...."

And all of the sudden, I was pelted in the head with a water balloon. 
Those lunatics had seriously turned around specifically just to chuck a plastic sack of water at us.
Can you even believe those little daredevils?

Thankfully, it ended up being really funny, even though it totally ruined my hair and made my makeup run. Which normally would have stressed me out, being in the presence of a cute boy I had a crush on and all. I think that was a sign that our relationship was really a good thing. It totally broke the ice, and I still felt comfortable and confident.... regardless of my stringy wet locks, and mascara running all down my cheeks. CUTE! Christian was pretty ticked at first, but we ended up laughing about it, and ended the night with a bang.
Or a splash rather.

The next morning, aka a few hours later, we met up and had breakfast together in the Cannon Center
(ROMANCE!) and finally bid our farewells for the next 2 1/2 years...
thus beginning the sweetest relationship I've ever had the joy of experiencing.

And to think.
It all kind of started with a water balloon.

2 comments:

Chantel said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! I love love love this little romance story. So cute!! OH BYU Campus. It's so classic. Breakfast at the Cannon Center, haha! I love that you two were SUCH good friends. That inspires me.

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

LOVE IT!

Related posts

.