7.10.2014

I'm still here!

Oh hey. 
I feel like such a stranger to this space right now. In the 5 years I've been writing on this silly ol' blog, I've never completely missed a month and not written anything. That gives you an idea of how things have been going around here!

Truth be told, June was a wonderful month. Albeit crazy, but wonderful. My mom left towards the end of May, and about 4 days later, Christian started his new job. The poor guy wakes up at 4:30 and leaves the house at 5 every day, and usually comes home around 6:30 or 7 every night. It's a rough schedule, and we are getting pretty tired of it. But we're halfway there! (Cue Bon Jovi song.)

Also I was taking my capstone class during spring term, and basically I don't know how I survived that by myself all day, with a brand new baby.
Nash is pretty near perfect, that's how.
See what I mean?!

Thankfully my in-laws came into town and kept me company for about a month. It was so fun to have them here and to share our little guy with them! In that same month, I also got to see my little brother and my best friend in the entire world, AND her little baby! Let me tell you, after dreaming with each other for the last 14 years about being married and having children, finally getting together and enjoying that reality was just beyond the best.


Good thing our children didn't make it into the picture.

Life with Nash is so much fun. He really gets better, and cuter, every single day. It's truly amazing how quickly time seems to be flying by, and how little I get done some days ha. It's hard sometimes, and I can get a little lonely and frustrated, but everything you've ever heard about parenting is totally true. It's all worth it. Every hard moment totally evaporates when that little person you love more than anything flashes you a gummy smile. It's so fun to watch this tiny human grow, develop a personality, and experience new things every day.

At 9 weeks, Nash is still just growing like a weed. He's pushing 15 pounds already! He loves being outside and going on walks, laying in the sheets on our bed, and standing (with mom and dad's help of course). He's been sleeping great, eating great, and never cries unless he's too hungry or too tired (totally got that from his mom). Truly, he's such a good baby, and Christian and I are counting our blessings. Not very many first-time parents get that lucky, and we certainly don't deserve it! My only complaint is that he spits up a TON. I mean like 6, 7, 8 times a day. I didn't mind at first, but I'm starting to feel like everything I ever wear always has a giant wet spot on it at all times. Why bother getting dressed, am I right? Oh well, I guess he couldn't be completely perfect, or that just wouldn't be fair ;)

Being a mom is just awesome and crazy and exhausting and fun. I can't believe how much time I spend changing diapers and feeding and holding and rocking and playing with my boy. I'm trying not to stress about keeping our apartment spotless, or always making dinner, or even showering every day. It's hard to balance it all (the theme of the next 20+ years of my life, I imagine!), but it's fun learning how and trying to navigate this new phase of life. I'm super grateful for my little family! These handsome boys make my world go round.

4 comments:

Lana said...

His face! Ah! So cute. It was so nice to see you. You were just glowing with beautiful mama pheromones. Congrats again.

danielle said...

He is so perfect! So happy for you guys!

Kimber said...

i had one of those little smiles on my face during this whole read. those first few weeks and months are the absolute best, they wiz by way too fast but are so amazing! i want to hold that cute little boy again! he's out of the newborn stage and is a little baby for sure, so cute! and yes, i can totally identify with the spit up thing. that was seriously my only complaint with maxson too haha, everything else seemed blissfully easy. i never wanted to have my kids always wearing a bib but after awhile i was like, shoot with that thinking, put a bib on that kid! i got a 10 pack of plain white ones from amazon and they worked great and weren't overly annoying with some print all over it.

christian's schedule sounds awful :( i am soooo sorry. i'm so glad your inlays were in town to help though! and i still love that picture of you and nicole so much!

Unknown said...

Brooke! You are just wonderful. You are such a cute, Mom. It just so happens that I checked your blog like a BAGILLION times in the last 5 weeks, to see how you were doing. :)

I'm glad you are still here! Nash is beyond cute & looks so much like you, at least to me. He is adorable! And I can totally relate with the spit up! Parker was the same. He spit up more times than I could count & I felt like a walking burp rag. Cause all my burp rags were already dirty too. ha I just gave up. I remember sometimes though it was really hard! I would be nursing and then he'd burp & it seemed like he literally spit up the entire meal. I would sit there and cry. :)

Anyway, you wear motherhood great! You are always an example to me of finding the lessons in life and radiating the spirit. You are amazing!

Related posts

.