9.05.2014

from babies to babies

Christian and I met 6 years ago this week! (Technically yesterday, but... details.)
I can't hardly believe it! We were 18 year old babies and now we are makin babies of our own. Crazy how much time changes things.

Have I ever told you how we met? Cause I'm about to. Christian's side of it is a little different, of course. Maybe I will be able to convince him to share it. Probably not though. Anyways, I digress!

I came to BYU with my best friend in the whole world, Nicole. Guys, we were crazy. We still are, but our levels of crazy back then were unprecedented. 
Not like "go out and party all night" kind of crazy... a unique crazy, that involves taping pictures of Morgan Freeman to our wall, and putting nylons on our head and chasing our other friend Kaylie around the dorms kind of crazy. This is vital information, because I was so wrapped up in being crazy with Nicole when Christian and I "first met" that I literally don't remember it. 

We were in the same freshman ward, you see. And it was at our ward opening social that we were first introduced. I remember there being boys, but more than anything I remember goofing off with my girlfriends. Sounds like the theme of my teenage years. So. There's that.

I'm horrible, I know. 

What I  DO remember is on our first Sunday, noticing the cute boy at ward prayer (ohhh BYU) who was wearing mocs and glasses and a Jimmy Eat World shirt. A staple of cool, in my book. It didn't take long before I realized this boy was also hilarious and sharp and perfect best friend material. Obviously I was smitten, and I HAD to have him.

Somehow I convinced him to take a Book of Mormon class with me the following semester. And not only that, I also convinced him that he wanted to sit next to me every day too. It really didn't take long before I realized Christian is totally my kind of crazy, which is probably why we clicked so well then.

Long story short, I convinced him to stick around even longer, and we've been "sitting" next to each other ever since. 


Man I love this boy. 

4 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

This is probably one of my favorite "how we met" stories!

Lana said...

I love this. Matt and I first met when he walked up behind me, hit me on the arm, and asked me on a date. My response was, "Uhm, what is your name?" "Matt, what's yours?" My thought "you don't even know my name and you are punching me and asking me out?' :)

Chantel said...

LOVE this! Love how in love you two are :) And you are perfect for each other.

Nicole said...

HAHA dying over this. we were seriously insane freshman year. i don't remember meeting him at that hilarious ward dance activity (i only remember brian's driving gloves hahahaha) but i remember one of the first times we hung out with christian was with eric chase wiser hahahaha and we were lounging on the couches in the lounge.

also, halloween. of course.
i can't believe that we used to have funny things like ward prayer every week. BYU is just too great.

this is a really long comment. but i'm so glad you and christian are married. i just love you both so much.
SAAAAARRRAAAHHH!!!!

Related posts

.