9.26.2014

oh so grateful!

First I just have to say thanks for all the thoughts in regards to my last post. I know I sounded like a hormonal freak (truth!), but it's something I've struggled with for a long time actually! I've got a good handle on it a lot of the time, but since I haven't dealt with in almost a year, it has sort of knocked me off my feet the last few months. Keep on keepin' on, that's how I feel about it. Anyways. 

So I'm like every other woman on the planet and totally fangirling about autumn and boots and pumpkins and blllaaaaahh. This year however, I can't help but feel especially thankful for this beautiful time of year because last fall, I was hunched over a toilet for 4 months straight and couldn't appreciate any of it's beauty. I didn't eat ONE SINGLE PUMPKIN FLAVORED ITEM because it made me so ill. We didn't buy any fall scented candles, I could hardly handle the smell of the leaves (I KNOW!), it's a sob story, really. I was super nervous all summer long because any time I thought of anything related to fall, it literally made me sick to my stomach. 

Morning sickness is a B. 

Anyways, I'm thrilled because I'm surviving and loving it so far! We made a list of things we want to do (the bulk is a bunch of old movies we want to watch, so... we're boring), and I've been bit by the baking bug. Which is strange because normally I abhor baking. My waist is probably going to wish I abhored it by the time January rolls (har har) around but, what are you gonna do. 

And I've decided having a baby during this time of year is officially the best. Because this:

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok STOP IT with that hat! So adorable!

Kimber said...

He is just getting cuter and cuter, fa realsies. And that hat?...

Unknown said...

Oh my. Nash is seriously SO adorable!! And I agree, I'm getting so excited for autumn, especially since today it's actually colder and overcast and... Fall loveliness. And umm we live close enough that if you feel like sharing that baking love... I wouldn't be too opposed. ;-) jk but definitely share your recipes if you find any that are super delicious!

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

AMEN! I am so excited to experience a real Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. Last year I was huddled in bed feeling nauseous. This year, no nausea PLUS a cute baby. Talk about a double win!

Nicole said...

i miss fall! also, nash looks just like you, girl! so precious!

Marinda said...

Oh my gosh, Brooke! This post is SO relatable! (Well all your posts, really since we are going through a lot of the same experiences. Hello distracted breastfeeding baby boy! Sometimes I just cry in frustration after he unlatches for the tenth time because he's more interested in the pattern on my shirt. UGH!) Anyway, I had the same fear about Fall coming this year! I usually just fawn over everything fall, from fresh apples to eating everything pumpkin (remember living 1 block from trader joes two falls ago at the Barlow Center? (!!)) pumpkin everything for dayss!) Well, last fall, I remember things like walking past Eastern Market on my way home from work and literally almost running to the end of it to puke in the storm gutter after I got a whiff of fresh apple cider (way too many people saw me puke that time) oh, and even the smell of fresh rain made me nauseous this time last year....so miserable! I am happy to report that my love for all things fall has come back full force and now I spend my days perusing Pinterest gushing over all the ridiculously cute baby Halloween costume possibilities! Life is so much better this time around!

Related posts

.