4.29.2015

three



Christian and I have been married for three years!
The longer I'm with him, the more I realize how great this whole marriage thing is. It just forces you OVER AND OVER again to let go of silly things, be vulnerable, and put someone's happiness before your own. While we were away over the weekend, we had a conversation that made me so thankful to have such a rockstar husband. We'd left our hotel bright and early, without showering or doing anything, so we could hike before it got too warm. After a few hours longer than we'd expected being all outdoorsy, my greasy hair, unshaven legs, and broken-out makeup-less face were starting to drive me crazy. I said something to Christian about starting to feel embarrassed being out in public like that, and he sweetly said "Don't feel bad at all. You look beautiful to me, and you don't need to worry about feeling gross or dirty. It's intimate, and I love seeing you like this no matter how you think you look."

It just made me stop and think about how important and special that intimacy is in a marriage. Your spouse sees you at your literal worst sometimes, physically, emotionally, etc. It's so wonderful to know that despite all of that, they still love you and think you are the bees knees. I know it's how I feel about Christian and it's apparently the way he feels about me too, lucky girl that I am.

Marriage isn't a walk in the park, but it is pretty great. Happy anniversary to the funniest, most steady, best breakfast chef I know!

2 comments:

Chantel said...

Love love love this! You guys really are the best. I LOVE these photos. Happy anniversary!

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Your husband and Devin sounds so similar. I'm happy he sees me at my best, but I'm happy he still loves me at my worse most probably.

Related posts

.