6.16.2015

books i've read lately that you should read too

So I've been trying to read a lot more ever since my time as a stay-at-home-mom began. However, this post should actually be titled "young adult novels that I should be embarrassed about but am totally not, among other things".

+ "Blackmoore" Julianne Donaldson: I really loved this book. The "huge twist" wasn't as huge as I thought it would be, but all in all it kept me voraciously reading until the very end AND it made me cry. So, there you go.

+ "Is Everyone Hanging out Without Me" Mindy Kaling: Obviously I have a thing for this girl, because I'm obsessed with her show and this book, etc. etc. I really enjoyed this book. I don't love that she swears so much (not very feminine or becoming in my opinion, but you do you, right?). It was funny and lighthearted and real, which are three of my favorite things. Definitely recommend this!

+ "5th Wave" and "Infinite Sea" Rick Yancey: These are the first two books in a three part series. I LOVED the first one (5th wave), not a huge fan of the second. Apparently the movie is being released in January, so we will see how that is. Definitely read the first book, you will NOT be disappointed.

+ "Eleanor and Park" Rainbow Rowell: This was a cute book. It took me a while to get through, as it wasn't super gripping. But if you were ever in love as a teenager, most of this will feel very familiar to you, which I liked. Ah, young love!

+ "We Were Liars" E. Lockhart: I actually didn't love this book! It took me AGES to get in to it, and I actually wouldn't say I enjoyed it until the very very very end. BUT the twist is just insane. Like, I can usually predict books and movies pretty accurately, but this one had me like "WHAAAAA?". So if you like that, this book is for you!

+ "I Feel Bad About My Neck" Nora Ephron: I loved this book. If you like insights into New York City living, snark, punchy humor, and "You've Got Mail", you should definitely read this.

+ "The Visions of Ransom Lake" "Desert Fire" and "The Highwayman of Tangelwood" Marcia Lynn McClure: I've already raved about this lady, but these books merit a second mention. Don't be fooled by the ridiculous titles and cheesy covers.... I love them so so much! The blend of history, romance, and intrigue is such a perfect combination. She's a great writer, and her kissing scenes will blow you out of the water (yeah I went there!). The best part is, her books are totally clean (not even a hint of a sex scene, which I really appreciate). I'm telling you, you will not regret reading any of her books. I LOVED The Highwayman, and Ransom Lake was awesome too.

And there you have it. If you are looking for some great summer reading, I think you'd be good to go with any of these. And since I'm the world's leading authority on good books to read, you're welcome! ;)

2 comments:

Marla Gale said...

I'm so glad you made this list! I've been looking for some good books & just made a list of these. So excited to start reading some! :)

Navigator said...

thanks again
best,
https://www.carmudi.co.id/cars/

Related posts

.