7.26.2011

boom! there's the flavor!

I watched Hot Rod for the umpteenth time this weekend. 
Here are a few things I learned. 
First, I forgot how absurd and random the whole movie is. 
Which is why it's so stinking hilarious, obvi.
Also, the part where Denise, Jonathan and Rod are all in the diner and they order flaming Dr. Peppers, and then Jonathan takes a drink and says:
"BOOM, there's the flavor!"
(a la the title of this post. har har har)
Yeah, that's probably the funniest part of the whole movie to me. Don't ask why.
When you watch something that many times, the word "hello" becomes hilarious. 
C'est la vie, no?

Also, this weekend was full of shinanigans that I'm sure you are dying to hear about.
 Went to Rubios.
(Fish taco, will you date me??)
Saw "Source Code"
(Jake Gyllenhaal made the confusing movie worth it)
Proof
OD'd on sugar, via shave ice. 
(Mega gross. I won't be doing that again any time soon.)
BBQ'd with aunt, uncle, cousins, and company (aka all the crazy neighbors you can imagine. Fireworks included).
Had the laaaazzziiieesstttt Sunday afternoon in memory. 
It was awesome.
Had the day off work yesterday
(HOOOORAH for Utah holidays!)
Spent time at the pool with partner in crime Jburk,
I used to get mad when my parents would tease me for having boat feet. Was I that blind that I couldn't see they were telling the truth? Hello, giant flippers!

and hung out with my favorite Modern Family. 
Get it?
So yeah, basically it was a really chill, summery, fun, and MUCH needed weekend. 

And finally, just to throw this out there, I bought 3 things online today.
I think I do that (online shop, that is) for 2 reasons.
First, because who's NOT trying to browse page after page of cool things?
Second, I like
.... no.... 
LOVE..... 
getting things in the mail. 
And if someone isn't going to take care of that, well then gosh darn it, I will do it myself!

1 comment:

Natalie Davis said...

Ok Hot Rod is my favorite movie, I dont think I have ever watched a movie as much as that one! I really love that you love it!

Related posts

.