8.05.2013

a few things

1. This morning we dropped my baby brother off at the airport to go back home to Florida. 
I cried for a solid 20 minutes because my brother is sweet and hilarious and brings so much light to my life. 
Who in their right mind wants to let that go!?  
Also I 'm basically just dying to go back to Florida. I love that place with  my whole heart. Ghetto and humid and insect infested as it may be.
Also also we woke up at 4:30 this morning after falling asleep around midnight, so maybe I was just a stitch tired too. That's probably the biggest reason why I was crying actually. Either that or I was hungry.
Story of my life.

2. Yesterday in primary, the teacher posed a question to the kids. 
Something along the lines of "What did the pioneers have to do to receive blessings?"
And completely out of the blue, my favorite little sunbeam said in his most serious voice:
"PANCAKES"
Dying. For like a solid 10 minutes. I love primary so much. 

3. Christian and I biked about 30 miles on Saturday. It was hot and long and exhausting and full of sunburns and swear words (I GOT A FLAT TIRE SUE ME). But it was also super fun. I love biking with my guy. 
Also I've perfected the art of riding without my hands. Seriously did it for 3 straight minutes on Saturday. 
LIKE A BOSS. 
Just another thing to add to my list of useless talents.
Also here is an awkward picture of my sunburned legs. Y'welcome.

4. I started watching New Girl last week and as much as I loved Zooey Deschanel before, I'm like 100 times more obsessed with her. Also I feel like Jess does and says everything I would say if I didn't have reservations about being a freak. I'm happy I have a show that's NOT Keeping Up with the Kardashians that can make me laugh during my unfriendly time of the month. 
(Also, Christian astutely noticed that I only indulge in KUWTK during my ultra pms-y time. 
I have some very embarassing habits and a wonderfully observant husband, to say the least)

5. My girl Nicole and I spent July 31 emailing Harry Potter themed articles back and forth all day. I'm so glad I have someone to indulge in untouched levels of HP fandom with me. 
Also, Buzzfeed is the mecca for those things in case you were wondering.

6. Finally, Christian and I are heading south for some camping and lake-ing and just general fun having. 
I've never been so excited for a trip in my liiiiifffffeeee!
June and July packed quite the whallop for our little family, and I'm thrilled that we will get to disconnect from life and reconnect with each other for a solid 5 days. 
Gotta eek out the last of summer while we still can!

1 comment:

Mads said...

Oh dear that is an awful burn ! (Happens to the best of us) !

Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

Related posts

.